Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Jesus Christ.
Let everyone be quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to anger
Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future.
If one gives an answer before he hears, it is his folly and shame.
Making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding;
Let anyone with ears listen!
Reminders of Effective Listening
- Face the speaker and maintain eye contact.
- Be present with people. If you have other things on your mind or other things to do, the other person will feel that you are not present and your mind is somewhere else. Be present and truly listen.
- Focus on the actual words.
- If you’re not sure about somebody’s intent – ask.
- Try not to have a preconceived notion of what the speaker will say, or what point of view he/she might have. Keep an open mind.
- Expect the best from people. Don’t look for them to say or do something wrong.
- Don’t try to read people’s minds. Let them finish their own sentences.
- Don’t spend listening time thinking about what you’re going to say next. Just listen.
- Pay attention to “non-verbal’s, gestures, and tone of the speaker.
- Repeat back what you think you heard.